sexta-feira, 26 de novembro de 2010

Thierry Mugler

More than a king in the 80's and 90's the designer still shines every time he creates something new. 
With a great sense of space, geometry, art, spectacle (theater actually) the artist express himself in the most imaginary, fantastic strong, different and remarkable ways.
I will leave you with same 'top quotes' of him that I really like and also pictures of same of the best outfits
















'L'univers du théâtre fait partie de movie à travers la mode, les défiles, lá création'
(The world of theater is part of the movie through fashion, the parades, the creation)

'J'aime le beau, l'insolite et sourtout observer'
(I love the beautiful, unusual and most of all to observe)

'Je fais la couture pour créer des choses artistiques qui touchent les gens pour leur vrai beauté'
(I do couture to create artistic things that touch people for their true beauty)

'J'offre mes rêves en les mettant en scène. Une mise en images de ma culture du spectacle'
(I offer my dreams by putting them on stage. A set of images of my theater culture) 
Love this one!! He is truly from Strasbourg :P 

'La vie est tellement étrange sur le toit des building. On sent le grandeur des statues'
(Life is so strange on the roof of the building. We feel the magnitude of the statues)

'Nous vivons dans un monde assujetti au pouvoir de l'image'
(We live in a world subject to the power of image)

'Je me considere comme un homme du regard'
(I consider myself as a man of light)

'Je developpe mes vêtements en constrution et en géometrie de l'espace'
(I developed my clothes in constrution and geometry of space)

'On aura toujours besoin de vêtements extraordinaires, d'une poésie exceptionelle'
(We will always need special clothing, a poetry exceptional)

'Mes défilés sont toujours des partis pris et pas seulement une sucession de vêtements'
(My shows are always biased and not just a succession of garments)

'Chez moi la provocation est naturelle'
(For me the provocation is natural)

'Dauphine c'est completement Paris, pour qui j'ai un amour immense' - sur Dauphine de Jerphanson
(Dauphine is completely Paris, for whom I have an immense love)

'Angel c'est un univers à la fois magique et enfantin, tendre et puissant'
(Angel is a world both magical and childlike, tender and powerful)

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário